This policy applies to the operations of EOS CCA and its subsidiaries across the U.S. and across all business units. 
Personal information means any information, recorded in any form, about an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include anonymous or aggregated information. Anonymous or aggregated information is information that cannot be associated with or traced back to an identifiable individual.
Except where permitted or required by law, EOS CCA will endeavor to obtain the consent of each individual and/or company providing personal information to EOS CCA for the collection, use or disclosure of such personal information by EOS CCA.
EOS CCA is a privately-owned and operated collection agency specializing in providing its clients with various debt collection services. EOS CCA’s clients include major financial institutions, retailers, governments and their agencies, telecommunications companies, utilities and other companies that are in the practice of granting credit to their customers.
Therefore, EOS CCA owes a duty of care to its clients and, by extension, to our clients’ customers. The information to which EOS CCA is granted access by its clients is of a highly confidential nature, as is the information that is acquired during the conduct of its business activities. For these reasons, EOS CCA has developed and applied specific privacy and confidentiality policies in order to manage and safeguard this information.
Our employees’ responsibilities
Each of our employees is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all personal information to which he/she is granted access. When they join EOS CCA, employees are informed of their responsibilities with regard to privacy and required to sign a confidentiality agreement binding them to these responsibilities. In addition, all employees are required to review and confirm their understanding of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), applicable state regulations and other regulatory guidelines.
EOS CCA continually coaches and trains our employees with respect to ongoing compliance and developing issues in the realm of privacy and confidentiality. As a condition of employment, EOS CCA employees are required to conform to these policies and procedures.
Privacy principles regarding the collection, use and disclosure activities of EOS CCA
- gains access, through its clients, to sensitive information, which is required for EOS CCA to provide debt collection services to its clients;
- limits the amount and type of personal information it collects. EOS CCA will only collect the information required for its business operations;
- will use information only for the reasons it was collected and will not wilfully disclose this information to third parties unless duly authorized to do so or as required by law;
- will store all information in its care in a secured fashion, whether electronically or on paper. EOS CCA will restrict access to those employees who specifically and lawfully require the information for the purpose of performing their duties;
- will maintain personal information for as long as EOS CCA believes it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and as required by applicable laws. EOS CCA will proceed to securely dispose of any information that is no longer of value to EOS CCA in the completion of its business activities;
- will take all reasonable steps so that client/customer information is accurately maintained, complete and up to date as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which this information is to be used;
- will take reasonable measures to protect client/customer information by means of appropriate security safeguards as required by the sensitivity level of the information maintained;
- will not sell any client/customer information;
- will be receptive and open to client concerns regarding our policies and procedures that apply to the management of the client/customer information;
- customers may, upon written request, have access to their personal information maintained by EOS CCA. The written request must contain sufficient detail to enable EOS CCA, with reasonable effort, to identify the information for which the written request is made;
EOS CCA considers privacy and the protection of confidential information to be a cornerstone of its business practices. EOS CCA will continue to develop, review and monitor its policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable legislation, customer requirements and general common sense, and commits to treating the individuals whose information has been entrusted to EOS CCA with care and dignity.
 Any reference to EOS CCA is to include all business units and subsidiary operations. Any reference to customers means EOS CCA’s customers and/or our clients’ customers.